You can access key features quickly from the recording “Page view” to listen, email, edit, get embed code, Post to Twitter, Post to Facebook, and manage a recording overall. Note: the Quick access key features – visitor view has access to certain public features only.
- Select your recording and click the “Page view” icon for it.
Page view layout
- Line 1: Social media sharing: Facebook and Twitter and more share links
- Line 2: Email, Embed codes: Flash, iFrame, and HTML5 audio tag; Download
- Line 3: Edit: title, security, etc.; assign to Albums and Groups; Post to blog; Delete
Features in Page view
- Post to Facebook profile and pages Learn more…
- Post to Twitter Learn more…
- Page link Learn more…
- MP3 link Learn more…
- Email Learn more…
- Embed Learn more…
- Download Learn more…
- Edit Learn more…
- Albums Learn more…
- Groups Learn more…
- Post to blog Learn more….
- Delete Learn more…
- View more Learn more…
Click on “View more” to reveal the expanded section.
It includes information about copyright, number of plays, Groups, Albums, Tags, Skype or phone number and the link to order a transcript.
It also gives access to:
- Customize player creation
- Commenting by a Subscriber [only you and other logged in Subscribers will see this comment option.]
“Learn more” topics
Post to Facebook: (Click the Back button in your browser to return to previous location)
Click on Post to Facebook and select the account > Post
Done! Go to your Facebook account to see and listen to your post.
Post to Twitter (Click the Back button in your browser to return to previous location)
You can choose any Twitter account you already have set up or add an existing account on the fly. Add a Twitter account is a quick process.
The Page Link is used in two ways:
- 1 – to send the public page view to another person or
- 2 – to Post to your Facebook fan page
MP3 link (Click the Back button in your browser to return to previous location)
You can copy/paste the MP3 link and email it to anyone. It will appear on a white screen and is streamed from Evoca servers. Any other software or system can use it too, that has its own players.
Email (Click the Back button in your browser to return to previous location)
To email the recording’s Visitor View, click on “Email”. A simple dialog box allows you to type in one or more email addresses and a message and “Send”. Hint: include your email address if you want a confirmation.
Embed (Click the Back button in your browser to return)
Choose one of the 4 standard players to enable your viewers of your blog or web page to playback the recording. Evoca auto-generates the code for you. Copy the code. Then paste it to the location where you want to display and playback the recording.
- This player enables audio playback from the widest range of operating system and browser combinations: computer, smartphone or tablet – or Apple, Android, and BlackBerry. Yes, that includes the iPhone, iPad, and iPod. How? We auto detect your visitor’s browser type and stream the right player type.
- This player works with Windows and most operating system and browser
- This player is good for use on a webpage or sidebar widget
HTML5 audio tag
- This player is useful for playback from Apple products and their mobile browsers and other HTML5 applications
Evoca offers additional ways to embed different formats of Flash players. Here are the applicable How It Works articles:
- Embed a single recording [described above and also accessible from your My recordings dashboard]
- Use flash player wizard [to customize single and playlist players]
- Publish an album player [for playlist players]
- Publish a group player [for playlist players]
- Publish an account player [for playlist players]
Download (Click the Back button in your browser to return to previous location)
You can download any recording following standard download procedures in your computer device or system.
Edit (Click the Back button in your browser to return to previous location)
Clicking the Edit takes you to the page shown below where you have access to all the items of information that you can edit or change including title, tag, description, image, security, copyright designation, etc..
Albums (Click the Back button in your browser to return to previous location)
Albums enables you to organize recordings by topic, registered phone number, student name, etc. and can be the foundation for a playlist player. Visit the Create an Album How To topic to learn more.
Groups (Click the Back button in your browser to return to previous location)
Groups enables you to organize recordings by topic, team, class, registered phone number, etc. and can be the foundation for a playlist player. Visit the Create a GroupHow To topic to learn more.
Post to blog (Click the Back button in your browser to return to previous location)
Post to Blog allows you to publish this recording into a Blogger blog of choice. You can configure multiple Blogs in the Blogger system to be able to choose which one you want this particular recording to be used in a new post, sent to the Blogger account(s) previously associated with your Evoca Express account.
Steps to get the blog post published / updated:
- Evoca standard player is inserted into a Post in Blogger
- Title is that of the current recording name
- Post is in Published Status
- Go to Blogger Dashboard to Edit / Add content
- Republish the Post when complete
You can always create more formal blog posts:
- Using players of your choice,
- using the Embed capabilities above,
- using the My Recordings Dashboard to produce players in various formats
This includes playlist players that:
- can automatically update the list as new recording are published & made public
- can be based on groupings of recordings using albums.
Please let us know your needs regarding other blogging platforms you’d like us to consider & help us prioritize our development efforts.
We view this type of Post to Blog interface as a way to quickly publish in a micro-blogging context your recordings so that they can quickly get into the social media / blogging space.
Delete (Click the Back button in your browser to return to previous location)
Delete will permanently delete the recording from your account and the Evoca Express system. There is no recovery of the recording.
You will receive a confirmation dialog box as shown below to make sure you really want to permanently delete this recording.
If you wish to archive a recording, you can download it to save on your computer.
View Comments: (Click the Back button in your browser to return to previous location)