Record voice-overs using your phone, Skype, or computer mic to enliven your video productions, radio and TV shows, and business presentations, including PowerPoint and SlideShare. Record your own voice or invite others to record their voices using any phone or Skype. Choose an Evoca Plan that fits your budget and time frame — short-term* or on-going.
How to record voice-overs
For all methods, the recording is saved to your secure online Evoca account.
Use your own voice
- Using your phone: Call a worldwide Evoca phone number from any phone number registered to your Evoca account.
- Use your computer microphone: Record your own voice at your computer. You can use your built-in laptop mic or external microphone.
- Use Skype: Call to record from your computer using the Evoca Skype Call Recorder from any Skype account registered to your Evoca account. Skype is especially handy if you want to record more than one person and you’re not in the same room, via Skype interview [two people] conference call [three or more people].
Invite other people to record using your dedicated phone number
With either Evoca Local or Toll-Free Plans you can invite colleagues, customers, or supporters to call a local or toll-free number to record a voice-over.
Step 1: Provide your dedicated phone number to call. They will hear your custom welcome greeting.
Step 2: Talk.
Step 3: Hang up. The recording is saved to your account!
Or the caller can listen, erase and re-record using post recording options.
Want to record voice-overs when you are outside of your local calling area? Get a Skype custom call recorder any time you sign up or upgrade to a Local or Toll-Free number.
Invite other people to record using an embedded online recorder
Learn how to get the record copy/paste code that Evoca auto-generates for your account. This feature is available at no additional charge with any Evoca Plan.
Invite other people to record by registering their phone numbers or Skype accounts to your Evoca account
By phone: Your colleagues can call to record into the standard Evoca phone system. You need to register their phone numbers to your Evoca account.
With Skype: Your colleagues can call to record using the Evoca Skype Call Recorder. You need to register their Skype accounts to your Evoca account.
Voice-over recordings made using any of the methods above will be saved to your Evoca account.
- You will get a notification email with a link to the recording that gives you, the subscriber, special access to it: listen, edit the title and security level and add an image, email it, get embed code to publish it on your website or blog, post it to Facebook and Twitter, download it, and order a transcription.
- Anyone you email the recording to will be able to listen [playback is from any computer, smartphone, or tablet - including iPhone, iPad, Androids and BlackBerrys. They also can email it, get embed code, post it to Facebook and Twitter, and download it.
(*) You can archive your Evoca account for 90 days in between projects. Reactivate it when ready to resume. We will suspend your monthly subscription fee and save all of your recordings and settings.