Use the 90-day Archive account feature to support your short-term audio recording projects such as interviews, conference calls, research, language lessons, class assignments, campaigns, and family events.
We stop the monthly payments while you have archived your account. Good news: Your account settings and recordings will be saved for the entire 90 days! We post a message in your account main page and provide a handy link for you to reactivate your account by entering your credit card payment information. You are in control. We do not keep your credit card information. We continue to stream recordings you have posted online during the archive period. Our Archive/Reactivate feature is ideal for educators, students, and anyone using Evoca recording for projects.
How to Archive your account
Step 1: Click on My account tab
Step 2: Under Account settings, click on the Archive account link
Step 3: Click “Yes” to complete the Archive process. Or click “No” to stop the process.
How to reactivate your account any time during the 90-day archive period
- We post a message indicating that your account has been archived with a link for your to update your credit card to reactivate your account.
Your Evoca Express account is archived and you will not be able to login. To reactivate your account please complete the credit card update form or cancel your account. Use our Help ticket system to ask any questions. Learn more about “Archive account”
More about the Archive account feature
- Recordings that point to players on external websites will continue to playback during the 90-day archive period.
- All accounts coming out of Archive status return to the same type of account prior to archiving: Pro, Local or Toll-Free. All recording methods are reactivated: phone, Skype, and computer mic. All management and publishing features for recordings are again accessible, including access to embed code for players and online recorders and Post to Facebook and Twitter features.
- For accounts with dedicated Local or Toll-free numbers, the same phone number is reactivated.
- After 90 days your account settings and recordings are deleted and not recoverable.
- A free trial subscription is not archived when your Free Trial period expires. To avoid deletion of your account and recordings upon free trial expiration, you need to upgrade to any one of these paid subscription plans: Pro, Local, or Toll-free.
- If Your payment information needs to be updated the Archive feature is automatically deployed.
How Evoca archives your account when updated payment information is needed
If there is a change in your credit card number or address, card expiration date, or any other reason that does not allow your monthly credit card payment to be processed, our system will automatically Archive your account.
When you login you will see the Archive status banner asking you to update your payment information to reactivate your account. We provide a 10-day grace period during which time you can still access your Evoca account. After the grace period, your account and recordings will be deleted.
Note: To avoid auto-archiving by the Evoca system, if you know that your payment information has changed, you can conveniently update your payment information at any time
- Login and click on the My account tab > Account Information: Update payment information.
Hint: To get full use of your paid subscription, before archiving your account, to check where you are in the monthly subscription cycle go to: My Account > Account information: Subscription cycle. Then set a reminder to archive your account a day before the next subscription renewal payment date.